|Event Name||South West Peak Calendar Photo Contest|
|Start Date||29th Apr 2021 8:00 am|
|End Date||1st Sep 2021 8:00 am|
The South West Peak Landscape Partnership is pleased to announce a brand new amateur photography competition as part of our 2022 calendar project!
This competition is designed to encourage local amateur photographers and we are looking for creative shots from around the South West Peak region that you think showcase your favorite parts of this diverse and beautiful area. Interesting, weird and wonderful photographs are encouraged and we want to make a unique calendar that goes beyond the usual landscape pictures.
The winning photo of this amateur photography contest will be featured on the cover of the 2022 calendar! The rest of the calendar will be composed of images from the talented Alex Hyde (click here to see his website). Alex will also serve as the official judge of the competition and will select the winning image.
Proceeds from the sale of this calendar will directly benefit the projects of the Peak District National Park Foundation.
This is a great opportunity for local folks to showcase their photography talents and we look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
Deadline for entries by 1 September 2021 at 0800.
Terms and conditions for Amateur Photography Competition 2021
This Photography competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
1. By entering the competition, you warrant to the South West Peak Landscape Partnership Scheme (‘SWPLPS’) that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. SWPLPS reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
2. All Entries must be received by 0800 (BST) on 1 September 2021 (‘Closing Date’).
3. The Competition is open to persons who are connected to the South West Peak region. This includes people who live, work, volunteer or visit within the boundary of the South West Peak (pictured below). This is an amateur photography competition designed to encourage local community and public interest and as such professional photographers are not permitted to submit entries.
4. SWPLPS shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to SWPLPS’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
5. SWPLPS reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to SWPLPS disqualifying that person, without SWPLPS being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
6. Employees of SWPLPS their relatives or any agents or employees are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Entries should be submitted in a JPEG format, with a maximum file size of 3 megabytes (due to email file limits) or via a file sharing service of any size. Entries should be submitted by the Closing Date (1 September 2021) and in the manner set out in these conditions. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. Entrants must provide their name, contact phone number and email address and also tell us where and when the photograph was taken. Entries can be submitted via email to email@example.com
The competition winner may be asked to provide an original quality image if necessary for printing.
8. SWPLPS accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries which are submitted in hard copy form as well as electronic form.
9. The overall winner will be selected and notified by 1 October 2021 at the latest, by email and/or telephone. One winning image will be selected by the SWPLPS designated judge (photographer Alex Hyde https://alexhyde.photoshelter.com/about/index ) to feature on the front cover of the 2022 SWPLPS calendar which will be sold to raise funds for the Peak District Foundation charity’s work.
10. SWPLPS accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise.
Intellectual property rights and data protection.
11. Entrants agree to their winning picture appearing in the 2022 SWPLPS Calendar, as well as on the SWPLPS, National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) and respective scheme partners’ blogs, facebook, twitter and other social media platforms/channels.
12. By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to SWPLPS and NLHF a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which SWPLPS shall consider appropriate. You represent and warrant to SWPLPS, with the intention that SWPLPS shall rely on such representation and warranty, that each of your Entries is original, and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other person or legal entity, to license to SWPLPS the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to SWPLPS in this paragraph 12 shall include your irrevocable permission to SWPLPS to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, and sell (your image may appear on materials we sell e.g., cards, postcards, leaflets, reports, books etc) your Entry worldwide for such purposes as SWPLPS shall think fit without restriction.
13. SWPLPS is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we will only use your personal information in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Notice which is available on our website using the following link: Privacy Notice: South West Peak. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by SWPLPS in accordance with data protection legislation in force in England.
14. The personal information provided with your entry will be processed by SWPLPS to administer the competition including publication of your name in any media. You may withdraw consent for your information to be used for publication purposes by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name, and disclosure of their county of residence in connection with any Entry which is published in any form in any media.
Governing law and jurisdiction
15. These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
16. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Conditions or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims).