Our Community Grants project continues to receive and fund applications and this will continue into 2018. These grants are available to constituted community groups, registered charities, social enterprises, parish councils and schools who are working on projects that enhance, protect or celebrate the heritage and countryside of the South West Peak Landscape area.
Eligible projects are those that are working to address one or more of these South West Peak objectives:
1. Conserving, protecting and/or enhancing natural, built or cultural heritage
2. Helping people learn about their natural, built or cultural heritage
3. Helping communities celebrate the natural, built or cultural heritage
4. Increasing people’s awareness and enjoyment of the SWP for residents and/or those working in or visiting the area.
Who can apply?
You can apply to the scheme if you are a ‘not for profit’ organisation that falls into one or more of the following categories:
- Local community/voluntary group/organisation
- Registered charity
- Parish Council
- Social Enterprise
New or existing groups and organisations operating in, or benefiting the South West Peak area are also eligible to apply.
What can we fund?
- Capital costs e.g. equipment, building costs
- Revenue costs e.g. training, room hire, event costs
All projects must be benefiting the South West Peak area and meet at least one of the South West Peak objectives.
Community Grants that have been funded thus far:
- Re-roofing 18th century St Luke’s Church in Onecote.
- Sheep to Craft: A project involving women from various backgrounds, including elderly and those escaping domestic violence, learning the process of preparing sheep fleeces, spinning and weaving them to produce art and craftwork.
- Publishing a survey of the graveyard in Sheen.
- Restoration of Waterfall Parochial Hall using traditional materials such as lime plaster.
- Arts based activities inspired by the landscape to benefit people with mental health issues.
How much do we give?
Groups need to be able to provide match funding for their projects, as the scheme will only fund up to 50% of the total project costs to a maximum of £10,000. We do ask that you please do not make applications for less than £500 and generally grants must be spent within one year.
How to apply
All applications must be made on an application form and submitted alongside requested supporting documents.
Current Funding round deadlines:
- 15 Jan 2018
- 10 April 2018
- 2 July 2018
These projects are selected for funding by Community Grant Panels, which are composed of local folks with an interest in helping to ensure a bright future for the South West Peak.
Upcoming Grant Panel Meetings:
- 1 February 2018
- 26 April 2018
- 19 July 2018
To find out more information about applying for a grant or about volunteering to sit on the Grant Panel please contact Sally Bentley, our Community Grants Officer at:
Phone: 01538 381356
Take a look at the below documents for further information and guidance on how to apply!